Why volunteer at South Central Iowa Community Action Program?
- Because we need you. Our volunteers bring new energy, skills, and knowledge and make our services better.
- You will help others and contribute to our community!
- We may be able to help you meet community service requirements
What Volunteer Jobs Can I Help With?
We have many opportunities.
- You could help in a Head Start classroom, by reading to children, or playing with children on the playground.
- We are always looking for help with landscaping and light maintenance work.
- Would you like to participate on an advisory or planning group?
- By volunteering to help with clerical duties you can help us reduce our administrative costs.
- If you have an interest in helping others, we would like to talk with you to find the best place for you to volunteer.
Who Can Volunteer?
South Central Iowa Community Action Program needs people from all walks of life. Because of the nature of our work, most volunteer opportunities are for people 18 years of age or older. You do not need to have any prior experience or training. We will help you learn anything you need to know. The most important thing for a volunteer to have is a true interest in giving back to their community. We conduct criminal background check screenings and may ask you to complete a full criminal background check, including fingerprinting, depending on the nature and extent of your volunteer activity.
How Do I Get Started?
Please begin by calling us at 641-774-8133, by completing the our online application form, or filling out our mail in application, and we will be in touch. Be sure to tell us what type of volunteer work interests you. When you volunteer, you will be required to fill out a Volunteer Application and will complete a brief volunteer orientation process. Thank you for your interest in freely giving back to your community.