Family Development

What is the Family Development Program?

If you currently receive Family Investment Program (FIP)  benefits we would like to talk with you about enrolling in our Family Development and Self-Sufficiency (FaDSS) program.  FaDSS can help your family get on the path to a more secure future.  A Family Development Specialist will meet with you, and we will be with you every step of the way.  After assessing your strengths, we will help you develop a plan with small steps that add up to big changes.  We will help you access resources and overcome barriers.

How can I receive this service?

Sometimes families are referred to us through the Iowa Department of Human Services or the Promise Jobs programs, but if you are receiving FIP benefits, you can sign up on your own. For more information please call 641-774-8133 ext 227

How to apply for food assistance, cash assistance (FIP), or child care assistance

Invest in your family’s future by calling us or using the Contact Us form .