All children will learn, grow, and develop to realize their full potential.
Parents As Teachers is a parent education and support program offered to families with children age birth to Kindergarten entry. The program offers 4 main components to its participants: Home Visits, Developmental Screenings, Group Meetings, and a Resource Network.
To provide the information, support and encouragement parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life.
- Increase parent knowledge of early childhood development and improve parenting practices.
- Provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues.
- Prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Increase children’s school readiness and school success.
- The early years of a child’s life are critical for optimal development and provide the foundation for success in school and in life.
- Parents are their children’s first and most influential teachers.
- Established and emerging research should be the foundation of parent education and family support curricula, training, materials and services.
- All young children and their families deserve the same opportunities to succeed, regardless of any demographic, geographic or economic considerations.
- An understanding and appreciation of the history and traditions of diverse cultures is essential in serving families.
Parents As Teachers
PAT Program Manager
Lead PAT Educator & Certified Car Seat Tech
PAT PT Educator