Who Are We?
South Central Iowa Community Action Program provides services to more than 4,500 people every year. We are the Community Action Agency for Clarke, Decatur, Lucas, Monroe and Wayne Counties in Iowa, and we have been in business since July 1965.
The Agency is led by a fifteen-member volunteer Board of Directors, and we have a staff of about 85 great people.
OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE
Mission: SCICAP empowers individuals and families with services to become self-sufficient and contribute positively to their communities.
We want you to be satisfied with the response you receive from South Central Iowa Community Action Program. We do our best to give each person great customer service, but when we miss that target, I want to hear from you so we can improve. I would also like to hear from you if you received great service.
Let us know how we are doing.
Use our contact form via our website or feel free to contact me directly.
Community Action works best when many people join our work.
If you would like to become part of our team, please explore the Jobs page or the Volunteer page.
Are we doing our job?
Please read our public reports and decide for yourself. We provide reports on this website so the public can monitor how well we are delivering our services. Feel free to review our financial reports, our Federal Tax return, and our Strategic Plan.
Public Notices and Resources
- Executive Summary 2021
- Fiscal Procedures Manual (2)
- Allocation Plan Effective 3-01-21
- By-Laws Revised June 2020
- Strategic Plan 2021
- STRATEGIC CHART
- FY22 Iowa LIHEAP State Plan – DRAFT
- LIHEAP FY21 State Plan
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) FY20 Iowa State Plan
- Head Start Annual Self Assessment 2020-2021
- Head Start/EHS Annual Report 2019-2020
- Community Needs Assessment March 2021
- Head Start Annual Self-Assessment 2019-2020
- OHS Monitoring Review Report 2019-2020
- Class Observation Oct 2019 Head Start
- Community Assessment – January 2019 HeadStart
- Head Start/EHS Annual Report 2018-2019
- Head Start Annual Self Assessment 2018-2019
- Head Start Annual Report 2017-2018
- Early Head Start Annual Report 2017-2018
- Head Start Annual Report 2016-2017
- Early Head Start Annual Report 2016-2017
- SCICAP Head Start Annual Report – November 2015-October 2016
- SCICAP Early Head Start Annual Report – November 2015-October 2016
- Class Observation Head Start 01/20/2015
- Comprehensive School-Readiness Review – Head Start 2016
- Enviornmental Health and Safety Review Head Start
- Fiscal ERSEA Review Head Start
- SCICAP Early Childhood Program – Community Assessment Summary
- SCICAP Early Childhood Program – Self Assessment 2014-2015
- SCICAP Early Childhood Program – Self-Assessment 2014/2015 Summary