Who Are We?
South Central Iowa Community Action Program provides services to approximately 4,500 people every year. We are the Community Action Agency for Clarke, Decatur, Lucas, Monroe and Wayne Counties in Iowa, and we have been in business since July 1965.
The Agency is led by a fifteen-member volunteer Board of Directors, and we have a staff of about 85 great people.
OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE
Mission: SCICAP empowers individuals and families with services to become self-sufficient and contribute positively to their communities.
We want you to be satisfied with the response you receive from South Central Iowa Community Action Program. We do our best to give each person great customer service, but when we miss that target, I want to hear from you so we can improve. I would also like to hear from you if you received great service.
Let us know how we are doing.
Use our contact form via our website or feel free to contact me directly.
Community Action works best when many people join our work.
If you would like to become part of our team, please explore the Jobs page or the Volunteer page.
Public Notices and Resources
Are we doing our job?
Please read our public reports and decide for yourself. We provide reports on this website so the public can monitor how well we are delivering our services. Feel free to review our documents.
- Executive Summary 2023
- Fiscal Procedures Manual
- SCICAP Organizational Chart 7/2023
- Allocation Plan 2023
- By-Laws Revised June 2020
- Strategic Plan 2021
- STRATEGIC CHART
- LIHEAP-24 State Plan – Draft for Public Comment
- LIHEAP-24 State Plan – Public Notice
- FY23 Iowa LIHEAP State Plan-DRAFT
- 2020-2021 Annual Report Final
- Head Start Annual Self Assessment 2020-2021
- Head Start/EHS Annual Report 2019-2020
- Community Needs Assessment March 2021
- OHS Monitoring Review Report 2019-2020
- Class Observation Oct 2019 Head Start
- Early Head Start Annual Report 2017-2018
- Comprehensive School-Readiness Review – Head Start 2016
- Enviornmental Health and Safety Review Head Start
- Fiscal ERSEA Review Head Start
- SCICAP Early Childhood Program – Community Assessment Summary